Friday, August 26, 2011

Integrity

There are a few definitions for the word integrity. 

1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.
 
The verb to integrate brings me to the point where I feel integrity has its roots when it comes to the process of ascension. True, adherence to strict moral or ethical code can be called integrity. As I understand it, that is however only on the physical level of human interaction and moral conduct. When I look at the second definition, the sense I have of what integrity really means is becoming a lot clearer. "The state of being unimpaired, sound." This touches not only the physical level, but also the mental and emotional levels of a person. Perhaps even the spiritual level. 
When I look at the third definition, my heart begins to sing. "The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness". Of course, we usually refer to this definition of integrity to say support beams in construction or something of the sort. For me it is however a very easy jump to see that we can most definitely speak of integrity, when a human being includes into their experience, the wholeness of their soul. When the higher self is no longer viewed as something outside of the human existence. When the higher self merges with the physical manifestation and any and all notions of division are erased, that is when wholeness is reached. That is integrity in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment